Monday, December 11, 2017

Falling Stars

I have another simple design for you guys today, inspired once again by a print I found on Pinterest!


I actually found this print pretty recently, but it was too cute to not turn into a nail design right away (click the image below for the source):



As you can see, I switched up the colours a little bit and used Essie's As If! as the base colour for the design instead of a light grey. I'm a little bit on the fence about this decision because on one hand I like that it's a bit more colourful, but on the other hand I like how mellow the print looks with the light grey base. Obviously it's too late to change it now, but if I were to paint this design again I may switch the colours back to what they were originally supposed to be.

This design also gave me the opportunity to use one of the nail polishes I bought in Korea for the first time! On one of the (many) days my friends and I were wandering around in Myeongdong, we stopped by a Nature Republic store to look around. I wasn't originally going to buy anything, but my friend needed to spend like ₩2,000 more in order to get a tourist tax refund, and since their nail polishes were 2 for ₩3,000 we decided that was the best option. I'm sure you've all deduced by now that I own a lot of nail polish, but I actually have very few yellow polishes. Taking that into consideration, I decided to get two kinds of pale yellow polishes called 샤이 옐로우 (Shy Yellow) and 레몬 옐로 (Lemon Yellow).
I can admit that I'm a bit of a polish snob, so I wasn't really anticipating lacquers from a non-polish focused company to be awesome, but I was pleasantly surprised by the formula of Shy Yellow when I was using it in this design. I'll have to try it out as the base for a design at some point to really put it to the test, but for now I'm definitely satisfied with how it applied!

Products Used:
CND - Clear Topcoat
Essie - As If!
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Nature Republic - 샤이 옐로우
Sally Hansen - White On

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment