Monday, October 02, 2017

Island

Hey guys!
Today's design is another one I did back in the summer. This one is inspired by the song Island off of Winner's latest mini album Our Twenty For!






This is my first Winner inspired design and I definitely had a lot of fun with it! Both of the songs that Winner released this summer were really fun so I had a bit of a hard time choosing between the two when I was planning the design. The music video for this one was just so bright and tropical though that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to so a fun, summery design based off of it!



I think I've talked about this before, but there's usually one nail out of the bunch that I have a hard time planning and this time it was the index finger. I settled on all of the other parts of the design pretty quickly, but that one gave me some trouble as I was trying to match its colours to the other nails.

I really love the gradient on the middle nail, but the thumb nail is by far my favourite nail from this set! At first I wasn't 100% sure how I was going to go about painting the ending scene of the music video; all I knew was that it was going to happen one way or another. To achieve the sunset effect I ended up doing a combination of layered gradients and dry brush and then sponged a little bit of sheer polish over top. If you want to actually see how I painted the thumb then don't forget to check out the tutorial at the end of this post! 




As always, here's the tutorial for you guys!
Please remember to always credit me if you're resposting the tutorial anywhere or if you're recreating the design for yourself! The tag I follow is #looknyanails, so if you want to show me your nails please use that hashtag on Instagram or Tumblr!



Products Used:
Borghese - Incantato Purple
Ciaté - Cabaret
CND - Apricot in the Act!
CND - Barefoot Bash
CND - Honey Darlin'
CND - Naughty or Vice
CND - Palm Deco
CND - Peach of Mind
CND - Shells in the Sand
CND - Sugar Cane
Essie - Cocktails & Coconuts
Essie - Find Me an Oasis
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - I'm Addicted
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Mink Muffs
Essie - Mint Candy Apple
Essie - Serial Shopper
Essie - Topless & Barefoot
Essie - Vested Interest
Joe - Plaster
OPI - Primary Yellow
OPI - (No Name)
Sally Hansen - Barracuda
Sally Hansen - White On

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment